My adventures in scrapping and in my daily life! Some mundane...some exciting! I guess you'll have to read and decide for youself! :)

Saturday, June 24, 2006

My Friend Monica

Oh my!!! Blogger you drive me batty!!! :o I tried to post this entry yesterday and totally thought I had lost it! Then I see today that it was saved as a draft??!!! I don't know if I did that but thank goodness it's here cause I typed a lot of stuff that I really didn't want to type again! Eek!

So, Thursday was my friend Monica's (of 9 years) birthday and I just had to make this scrap for her! She's such a wonderful person and I wanted her to know just how special she is to me! :) For credits please click here .



















Wednesday night my parents arrived and it was sooo nice to see them again! We got to talk a lot and I also got to see my Aunt and Grandma! It's been years since I've seen them, I can't even remember when the last time was! :o My Grandma's not doing too good though...she's just getting old. :( She'll be 92 soon! Wow! So, we ordered pizza with my folks, watched some CSI and had fun in each other's company! lol! My Mom also brought me some amazing teaching resources from her year teaching grade 5! I am sooo lucky and I don't think I'll be needing to buy too much stuff to decorate my classroom whenever thay may be! :D My Mom won't be teaching that age again...just too old for it now and wants to move on. She'll be teaching English As a Second Language in the fall. I'm sure she'll do wonderful at it!

My parents didn't stay with us long though :( they had to get going in the morning to make the five hour trip to Cape Breton to my Grandma's house. But, I'll be seeing them again in a week! Yay! They'll be driving me down to my French Immersion course in July.

Other than that, yesterday we went downtown to a bunch of used bookstores to look for books for Chris' courses in Sept. and I bought some guitar strings, a tuner and some picks to make the trade with my brother for my electric guitar for his Canon Powershot! Yippee!! A new camera!! This is sooo exciting cause our OLD Fuji Finepix was just getting bad! :o Can't wait to read the manual for it and start experimenting! lol!

Today we went out for brunch at a greasy pub and it was raining buckets!! We got a little soaked but the food was pretty decent! :) We also rented Spiderman 2 which we'd seen already, but loved the first time, so had to see it again! Other than that it's been a lazy day. I called my job at the store to see if I have any shifts this week and suprise, I don't! GRR! I am not pleased and feel that the boss acted quite juvenile about me giving my two weeks notice! I shouldn't even have given my notice...maybe I'd still have some shifts! :o Anyway....

Tomorrow I'll probally do some scrapping cause Chris works and that's a good time to get it done so I don't bother him and his computer time! :) Hmmm wonder what I should scrap....lol

If you got it this far thanks so much for reading and I'm sorry for babbling! LOL! :o

Night for now! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Paula May said...

Sounds like you had quite a good time with your parents! I love the scrap you did for Monica good job!

And GRRRRRR for not getting more shifts!

Have a good day!

10:46 PM

 
Blogger Melanie said...

Blabing... don't be crazy! You should see my blog, I can write a book somedays about nothing in particular!

I can't believe that the store did that to you Amy. That is very childish. It just goes to show you how un professional some companies can be.

I'm glad you had a nice time visiting with your parents. Did you save me any pizza? ;)

9:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Who links to me?